As we build and consolidate our community of resistance, we must arm ourselves with the necessary tools.
Every Thursday, the Black Alliance for Peace will provide members and supporters with information from BAP, as well as from the broader movement. This is to revitalize an intersectional, Black-led and -centered movement against war, repression and U.S. imperialism.
Did you know this week marks 16 years of the U.S. war in Afghanistan? Don’t forget to take action to oppose its escalation.
Now here are articles, videos and events to educate you on the crises we face:
BAP CO-SPONSORS LETTER IN SUPPORT OF HUMAN RIGHTS
BAP, along with dozens of international organizations and human rights activists, signed this letter to Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos, demanding he provide healthcare and infrastructure improvements to Afro-Colombians and Indigenous peoples.
- Join BAP at the United National Antiwar Coalition’s October 7 rally in New York City to oppose the escalation of the war in Afghanistan as well as the 16th anniversary of the longest war in U.S. history.
- Meet Ajamu in Columbus, Ohio!
- Join BAP and several peace organizations that founded the Coalition to Close U.S. Foreign Military Bases at the coalition’s first conference, January 12-14, 2018.
- Combining movements requires multi-lingualism and oppressed peoples at the table, BAP Coordinating Committee member Rev. Lukata Mjumbe said at World Beyond War's No War 2017 conference.
- BAP attended a welcome party for political prisoner Rev. Edward Pinkney at The Solidarity Center in New York City. Watch the video of his talk.
- U.S. imperialism continues war in Afghanistan and the destabilization of Africa.
- The U.S. interest in Myanmar is multi-faceted, based on its ever-growing demand for fossil fuels and its ruthless push to re-assert political dominance in Asia at China’s expense.
- The United States shows why it’s really in Syria.
- BAP National Organizer Ajamu Baraka appeared on Black Agenda Radio to discuss the Congressional Black Caucus backing Pres. Donald Trump’s war budget.
- The irony of Israel seeking a seat on the United Nations Security Council.
- White journalists in Saint Louis experienced police violence Black and Brown folks normally confront.
Let’s continue to build the resistance we all have been waiting for!
Black Alliance for Peace
Photo credit: Andrew Burton/Getty Images